#WorldHeartDay - Power Your Life
World Heart Day is organised by UEFA’s social responsibility partner, the World Heart Federation (WHF). In 2016, UEFA is specifically encouraging the football family to support World Heart Day (WHD) by raising awareness of heart health and healthier lifestyles through National Football Associations and domestic clubs. This year PZPN is supporting World Heart Day which aims to raise awareness of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and to educate people on the benefits of an active and healthy lifestyle.
Held each year on 29th September, World Heart Day is organised by the World Heart Federation and is supported by UEFA. Working together with the European football family, we can all make a significant contribution to reducing premature mortality and disability caused by CVD.
The campaign theme for World Heart Day 2016 is: Power Your Life. Your heart is the body’s engine room and powers your whole body – that’s why it is so important to look after it. If you don’t look after your heart you are putting yourself at risk of CVD, which includes heart disease and stroke, and accounts for over 17 million premature deaths each year.
What is World Heart Day?
• World Heart Day is celebrated on 29th September each year
• Created by the World Heart Federation, World Heart Day informs people around the globe that Cardiovascular Disease (CVD), which includes heart disease and stroke is the world’s leading cause of death, claiming 17.5 million premature deaths each year and highlights the actions that individuals can take to prevent and control CVD.
• World Heart Day aims to educate people that by modifying risk factors such as tobacco use, unhealthy diet and physical inactivity, at least 80% of premature deaths from heart disease and stroke could be avoided.
• World Heart Day is a global event during which individuals, families, organisations and governments around the world participate in activities to take charge of their heart health and that of others.
• Background information on World Heart Day, CVD and latest campaign news can be accessed at: http://worldheartday.org/